Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Cluster feeding & projectile vomiting

As I lie in my pram in the back garden I thought I'd tell you about my cluster feeding / growth spurt that I had yesterday!

I really can't explain what happened, all I know is that I started feeling hungry every 45 minutes & so I'd get frustrated if I couldn't get fed. I didn't cry or anything but I must admit I did fuss a little! Maman could tell what was happening because I kept searching for milk. I think poor Maman thought I was going to wake every hour on the hour throughout the night but actually I was very considerate and I only did it from 6pm until 1am. After that I slept until 5.30am and then 8.30am. Not only that but when I woke up at 5.30am, I was actually back in my crib staring at the wall by 5.50am and just fell asleep on my own a few minutes after that :-) 

Erm I am having an issue with vomiting though! Please don't laugh now but not only am I getting a little sick occasionally after feeding but I had a really nasty case of projectile vomiting this morning. Maman used to do it when she was a baby so I guess I'm taking after her. She seems to think I'm drinking too fast but I just can't seem to get her to understand that it's actually her milk that comes out too fast. Oh well I guess I'll manage to figure it out on my own soon but in the meantime you should have seen what I managed to do this morning! I'd just been put into my lady bird outfit that Granny Ross kindly bought me and that I very nearly completely fit into now! I looked so cute that Maman took some photos of me. We then went back to the changing mat so she could give me my Vitamin D drops that all Irish babies need to be given as we apparently don't get enough sun in Ireland!!! Well as soon as I lay down on my mat I vomited EVERYWHERE :-( It went into my eyes, all  over me, all over Maman, all over the changing table and even managed to drip into the drawers below?!? Daddy kindly cleaned it up but he couldn't stop laughing! Maman says it just looked like a constant jet of liquid was coming out of me! 

Anyway I hope you're not laughing at my expense after reading this. We're waiting for the health nurse to come and visit but I wish she'd hurry up so I can find out how much I weigh now! 

                                                       I'm starting to enjoy posing

                                                      hmmm getting bored now
    
                                                        yep, yawn I'm done now

2 comments: