Saturday, 5 May 2012

11 Months & counting

Seriously, where does the time fly to?!? In less than 1 month I will be a ONE YEAR old!!!! My BIG news is that I took my first solo steps the weekend before my 11th Monthiversary. Granjay & Maman got me started and Grandpa filmed me walking from one to the other. I've been practicing a few solo steps every day since :-) I'm having a wonderful time at creche the 3 Marys that mind me think I'm hilarious and apparently told Papa that they wished they could clone me! 

Health
I currently weigh 7.6kgs and measure 70cms! I now have 2 bottom teeth and 3 top teeth with a 4th top tooth about to cut through any day. I no longer grate my teeth much to Maman & Papa's relief!

Milestones
Maman reckons I now have a new word in my vocabulary: "egade" I use it when I'm pointing something out. Apparently the correct word is "regarde" but whatever! My list of words used in the right context is now: Mama, Dada, auvoi and egade. I used to say "Papa" but I haven't said it in a while now so I might have forgotten that word in the same way that I can't remember how to say woof woof anymore!?! I now just make a "hmm hmm" noise when Maman asks me what a dog does but I can manage "beeeehhhh" for a sheep, "wack wack" for a duck  and I do an excellent growl for a tiger :-) 

I now wave when I hear the words "bonjour", "aurevoir", "hello", "hiya" or "bye" and I clap when I hear "bravo", "tape les mains" and "clap hands". 

I LOVE giving people kisses and I'm so close to mastering the art of blowing kisses! Since yesterday I now put my hand on my mouth and kiss my hand and then after a few seconds I start waving! I also have great fun putting my finger to my bottom lip to make a brrrrr sound! 

Meals
Last month I mentioned that Maman and Papa weren't impressed with my eating habits. All I can say at this stage is please watch this space :-(  

Sleep patterns
Apart from some nights where my teeth are particularly at me and I end up waking up with the pain, I mostly sleep through the night from 8pm until Maman wakes me up to go to creche at 7am. I'm now also sleeping between 1h30 and 2h during the day at creche generally from 10.30/11am until 12.30pm. Maman would still like me to sleep one more hour but as it stands I'm having between 12 and 13h of sleep in every 24 hours which is still good in my opinion! 

Clothes
still in 6-9 month clothes but also in 12 month French clothes that go up to 74cms!

1 comment: