I can't believe I am now in double figures for the number of months that I have been in the world!!! In less than two months time I will be a ONE YEAR old!!!! I have now started going to creche a couple of hours a day in preparation for my first full day of creche next week Tuesday 10th April.
Health
I currently weigh 7.3kgs and measure 69cms! My first top tooth came through a few weeks ago and my 2nd top tooth looks set to cut through any day. I've started grating my two bottom teeth with my top tooth at the moment much to Maman and Papa's frustration!!!
Milestones
I've progressed to mostly walking holding just one hand. In fact most of the time I refuse the second hand offered to me. I've got so used to staying upright that I've resorted to bum shuffling around the place quite regularly, particularly if I'm holding a toy however if I really want to get somewhere fast then I still get into the correct crawling position and become speedy gonz-Amélie! Maman has spotted me standing on my own for longer periods too. I've also figured out how to climb things like Tata Emilie and Tonton Simon. Here is a small video to show you...
I said a new word last week while I was waving goodbye to Papa. Maman said Aurevoir and I repeated "Auvoi"! That brings my number of words to four: Mama, Papa, Dada, Auvoi. This week I started repeating animal sounds too. I can growl like a tiger and say woof woof like a dog :-)
I still have great fun waving and pointing at people but I generally wait until someone says aurevoir or waves to me before I start waving now. My big Milestone achieved is that I can now clap my own hands. Not only that but I understand Maman and Papa when they ask me to clap hands too! Maman asks me in French "Tape tes mains" and Papa says it in English "Clap your hands".
If I'm in the right mood I'll still give people kisses when they ask me for a bisou! Playing peekaboo with people now involves me trying to put the cloth back over my head too after taking it off to show my face :-)
Meals
Poor Maman and Papa are NOT impressed with my eating habits at the moment. I'm not sure why I'm not eating well. I think it might be that my teething is annoying me or else it's that I haven't got used to lumpier food yet. Either way I am working on trying to eat better again the way I used to! I just don't seem to want to try any of the meals that Papa has kindly made for me. I cheekily refuse my main meal but then accept my fruit compote and fromage frais pots no problem. This means that Maman sometimes mixes my main course with a fruit compote or else she pretends to be taking some food out of the fruit pot however she has warned me that she is stopping that now. I gather that I'm going to get given 5 chances to eat my main meal and if I don't in that time then that's it until my next meal. I tried telling Maman that I think that's harsh but she pretended not to hear me!
Sleep patterns
Sleeping through the night is what I intend to do for ever!!! Since the time change I now go to bed at 8pm and wake up between 7.30am and 8am. From next week Maman has warned me that she will have to wake me up at 7am so we can get ready in time for me to be at creche for 8am. I'm glad I go to bed a little later as it means I will get more time to see Maman & Papa in the evenings when we're all home! I still haven't got back to a specific routine for day naps but I'm trying to get into the habit of having a short morning nap around 10am for one hour and a longer nap in the afternoon around 1pm for two hours.
Clothes
still in 6-9 month clothes! In fact Maman had me in a 3-6 month top the other day and it still fitted me!
I'm very impressed Amélie! :-) Especially with the climbing! I look forward to being able to take you when you're older!! :-)
ReplyDelete