Friday, 21 September 2012

15 months & counting



woohoo I'm 15 months old now!
Health
As per my photo below I weighed 8.4kg two days before turning 15 months. Maman tried to measure me against the tree sticker on the wall in my room last night and we reckon I'm now 76cm tall! I currently have 11 teeth as my four pre-molars all appeared within the last month. That means that I'm now more than half way to having a full mouth of 20 teeth. Maman & Papa reckon that my canines might be trying to cut through as well because I've ended up waking up in pain the last four nights. 


Milestones
I'm currently working on trying to jump! When Maman says "saute" I make my whole body jump but my feet don't yet lift off the ground. I hope to have it mastered soon so watch this space.

I've started trying to repeat words that Maman & Papa say to me and I'm focusing on hopefully  mastering "s'il te plait" & "merci" within the next couple of months! I often say "tien" when I give people something and when I want to show people things I say "egade". I love emphazising the end of the word "Mamaaaan" when trying to get Maman's attention and my little mouth does the funniest formations when I say "wow" and "oho" ;-)  I've started making a number of strangers smile when I'm out and about with Papa or Maman as I just go up to them and say "Hiya" and give them a big smile! By the way what does "Stranger danger" mean exactly? My favorite word is "NON" and I say it very clearly in a little French accent. I don't always use it in the right context tho and I gather it's not the best word to have chosen to use the most frequently?!?

My method of blowing kisses has become more normal in that I don't have my hand stuck to my face for as long before waving the kiss at people! I'm working on trying to get an iPhone 5 for my 2nd birthday cos I think they're so cool and I love swiping through photos or holding the phone in my hand and dancing to the music playing through the speaker. What does "dream on sunshine mean"?!?

I love climbing up the stairs really fast and then closing the stair gate before Maman or Papa can get through! I even put the handle down too!

I've mastered going down the stairs all by myself ...


swimming is still a huge passion of mine ...


I no longer need any help climbing up and sliding down my orange slide in the back garden ...


and I love bouncing on my trampoline. In this video I'm being very daring and holding on with just one hand ...



Meals
Breakfast is still my favourite meal of the day :-) Be it weetabix or ready break followed by a fruit, I eat it all up! Lunch and dinner then very much depend on my mood and whether or not I'm teething. I generally love my sandwiches in the evening and I've definitely got much better at eating my lunches. My current favourite meal is vegetable fingers with breaded chicken and potato waffles all chopped up. I can't get enough of the fruit or fromage frais yoghurt pouches that I can suck. I particularly love screwing the top back on the pouch when I've finished...


Sleep
Bedtime is still 8pm and recently Maman has been finding me in my cot lying awake at 7.15am staring at the door waiting for someone to come and get me. The last couple of nights I've actually gone to sleep holding the white fluffy rabbit that wears a hoody with my name on it. I don't know if this means I've decided to use it as my doodoo but I thought I'd mention it to you! During the day I can nap anything from 30 mins to 2 hours depending on how busy I am as well as how tired I am from the night before if I woke up in pain from teething. I much prefer napping late morning to compare to early afternoon. 

Clothes
no change from last month ... 9-12 month irish vests & clothes and 18 mois french clothes!!! 
However my two new French coats are size 2 ans!!!

1 comment: